The Faculty of Electrical Engineering was founded in 1994/95 academic year in Lukavica (today municipality of East New Sarajevo). Teaching process is conducted at the first and second study cycles. The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, as the institution with a long tradition, is recognized by the quality of teaching and scientific research in education resulting in high-quality graduates for the various branches of the economy in the areas of electrical engineering and computer science. There is a constant interest of students for admission to this Faculty. Demand for staff of this profile and good job opportunities after graduation put this Faculty on the list of perspective faculties for which students opt after finishing high school.
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of East Sarajevo is the organizer of the international scientific-expert symposium “INFOTEH- JAHORINA,” which is traditionally held in March each year. “INFOTEH- Jahorina” is one of the leading national conferences on the application of information and communication technologies bringing together a large number of participants from the former Yugoslavia and beyond. The Symposium is categorized as an international meeting of the first category by the Ministry of Science and Technology of Republic of Srpska.
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of East Sarajevo has developed international cooperation primarily with similar faculties in the region, as well as with related faculties and institutes from the EU. In the framework of the cooperation, exchanges of students and teachers through various activities such as scientific and professional meetings, seminars and summer schools are occasionally implemented.
Graduates acquire titles depending on the study cycle and the completed study program:
- Study program Power Engineering- 240 ECTS, 4 years – Graduated Electrical Engineer – Power Engineering
- Study program Automatics and Electronics – 240 ECTS, 4 years – Graduated Electrical Engineer – Automatics and Electronics
- Study program Computer Science – 240 ECTS, 4 years – Graduated Electrical Engineer – Computer Science
- Study Program Power Engineering – 60 ECTS, 1 year – Master in Electrical Engineering – Power Engineering – 300 ECTS
- Study program Automatics and Electronics – 60 ECTS, 1 year – Master in Electrical Engineering – Automatics and Electronics – 300 ECTS
- Study program Computer Science – 60 ECTS, 1 year – Master in Electrical Engineering – Computer Science – 300 ECTS
UNIVERSITY OF EAST SARAJEVO
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Vuka Karadzica 30
71126 Lukavica, East Sarajevo
Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
+387 57 342 788; 340 307
+387 57 342 788
kontakt @ etf.ues.rs.ba