The Faculty of Agriculture was founded in the academic 1994/95 in East Sarajevo. Classes are held on three cycles of study. The specificity of the Faculty of Agriculture is reflected, among other things, in the fact that the educational process is organized in three locations – East Sarajevo, Bijeljina and Vlasenica. The Faculty has very well realized cooperation with local communities and enterprises.
The Faculty of Agriculture traditionally organizes international conference “Agrosym” which is a top-ranking scientific meeting in Republic of Srpska among 50 scientific conferences in all areas. The Scientific Committee of this Conference consists of scientists from all continents, which gives a powerful international seal and scientific credibility.
The Faculty of Agriculture has a very well developed international cooperation that takes place through the international exchange of students and staff with prestigious universities from Russia, Italy and the countries in the region.
The Faculty of Agriculture issues a magazine “AGROFOR”.
The student representative body of the Faculty of Agriculture is “Association of Students”.
Graduates acquire titles depending on the cycle and study program they have completed:
- Study program Agriculture (Departments in East Sarajevo and Bijeljina), 240 credits, 4 years, three directions:
- General Direction – Graduated Agricultural Engineer
- Crop Production – Graduated Agricultural Engineer
- Livestock – Graduated Agricultural Engineer
- Study Program Forestry (Department in Vlasenica), 240 ECTS, 4 years – Graduated Forestry Engineer
- Study Program Agromediterranean Production
- Agriculture, 60 ECTS, 1 year – Master in Agriculture
- The Management of the Food Chain, 180 ECTS, 3 years