The University of East Sarajevo has become a member of the European Entrepreneurship Network of Republic of Srpska, where, in addition to the Agency for Development of Small and Medium Enterprises as a coordinator, the Chamber of Commerce of Republic of Srpska, the University of Banja Luka and the Innovation Center Banja Luka are included. The European Entrepreneurship Network, as an instrument of support to companies, was launched in 1987 at the initiative of the European Commission in order to encourage the development of companies. EEN is a complex set of instruments to support enterprise development. UES takes an active part in all network activities and has active cooperation with the SME sector through:
- Combining services to provide practical information and assistance to SMEs in order to:
- Facilitate finding business partners from the EU
- Establish business cooperation with institutions and organizations in the EU
- Provide participation of SMEs in tenders in the EU
- Make easier access to information on EU legal aspects and business regulations
- Obtain information on support programs, legislation and results related to innovation and on intermediary services in technology and knowledge transfer
- Obtain information on the EU Framework Programs for Research and Technological Development
- Raise awareness of the importance of innovation and opportunities for technology transfer and increasing competitiveness;
- Provide information about the possibilities of the EU market and participating in the creation of a wide European business network;
- Provide information about domestic research-technological-development possibilities.
Through the European Entrepreneurship Network of Republic of Srpska, the University of East Sarajevo will be in the function of supporting SMEs in the implementation of projects financed from other EU programs, such as COSME, Horizon 2020, Erasmus +, and programs aimed at financial support to companies.
On March 23, 2016, the Protocol on Cooperation with Representatives of the Chamber of Commerce of Republic of Srpska and Regional Chambers of Commerce of East Sarajevo, Trebinje, Doboj and Bijeljina was signed by the Prof. Dr Radoslav Grujic, the Rector at that time, in order to strengthen the cooperation of the University with the real sector, ie. improving cooperation between the academic community and the economy of Republic of Srpska.
The Protocol will ensure the participation of the academic community in the creation of new products, as well as the use of knowledge and the laboratory at our disposal, while compensating for what economic entities cannot finance, developing certain processes.
So far, through certain faculties (organizational units of the University of East Sarajevo), cooperation has been established with certain economic entities, such as:
|1.||Joint Stock Company for Production and Overhaul “TECHNICAL REPAIR” a.d. Bratunac||www.trb.ba|
|2.||Energoinvest-Electroenergetic equipment doo East Sarajevo|
|3.||ZP ” Hydroelectric power plants on the Drina” AD Visegrad||www.henadrini.com|
|4.||ZP “Mine and Thermal Power Plant” AD Gacko||www.ritegacko.com|
|5.||Modriča Oil Refinery|
|6.||MF doo Stolac|
|7.||“Vibroacoustics” Ltd. Belgrade|
|8.||AD Institute East Sarajevo|
|9.||“Thermal devices” AD East Sarajevo|
|10.||ENERGOINVEST – ZDP Institute for Quality Assurance “IKM” East Sarajevo|
|11.||FAMOS – ENGINE FACTORY SARAJEVO a.d. East Sarajevo|
|12.||Swislion IAT a.d. Trebinje|
|13.||Brcko District Employment Bureau|
|14.||Association of Economists of Republic of Srpska “SWOT”|
|15.||SPORT VISION doo|
|16.||RS Tax Administration, Bijeljina regional center|
|17.||Central Bureau of the Balkans|